Term of Application
1. Applicant's Warranty
The Applicant/s warrant/s:
- the details provided on their Applicant Details Sheet are true and correct
- no Applicant is bankrupt or insolvent.
2. Applicant/s Agree/s
The Applicant/s agree/s:
- they have inspected the Premises in item (1) and accept its condition.
- on acceptance of this Application for Tenancy by the Landlord being notified to the Applicant/s, verbally or in writing, the Applicant/s will rent the Premises from the Landlord on the basic terms and conditions in accordance with this Application and the terms and conditions of a Tenancy Agreement prepared at the direction of the Landlord.
- upon the signing of the Tenancy Agreement, to pay the amount in item (9) by a method acceptable to the Landlord/Landlord’s Agent. Such payments to be cleared funds prior to occupancy.
- the Applicant/s will forthwith upon receipt of same, sign the Tenancy Agreement.
- this Tenancy Application, unless accepted, creates no contractual or legal obligations between the parties.
- that the Landlord/Landlord’s Agent are not required to give an explanation to Applicant/s for any Application not approved.
- as tenant it must satisfy itself as to the provision of any electronic communication services to the Premises (internet, telephone, television – analogue, digital or cable) and the adequacy pf existing electrical fittings with respect to the use of such services. The Landlord gives no warranty in respect to the provision or adequacy of such services or electrical fittings to the Premises.
3. Privacy Statement
3.3 You as the Applicant/s agree, to further assess your Application, the Landlord’s Agent may, subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH) (where applicable), collect, use and disclose such information to :
- the Landlord as Owner of the Promises to which this Application for Tenancy applies; &/or
- (subject to the provisions of part 10A of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997) residential tenancy databases for the purpose of confirming details in your Application and enabling a proper assessment of the risk in providing you with the Leases ; &/or
- tradespeople and similar contractors engaged by the Landlord/Landlord’s Agent in order to facilitate the carrying out of works with respect to the Premises ; &/or
- previous managing agents and nominated Referees to confirm out of works with respect to the Premises ;&/or
- the Landlord’s insurance companies; authorised real estate personnel; courts and tribunals and other third parties as may be required by the Landlord’s Agent relating to the administration of the Premises and use of the Landlord’s Agent’s services ; &/or
- the utility connection provider, where you have opted for such as service in item (4), for the purpose of enabling the connection and/or disconnection of your utility services ; $/or
- Owners Corporations
3.4 Without provision of certain information the Landlord’s Agent may not be able to act effectively or at all on the Landlord’s behalf as a result of which your Application may not be acceptable to the Landlord.
3.5 The Applicant/s have the right to access such personal information and may require correction or amendment of any inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or irrelevant information.
4. Provision of Documents
The parties agree and confirm this Agreement may be forwarded electronically if the recipient has provided an email address or facsimile number in the item Schedule to this Agreement.
5. Notes to Applicant/s
5.1 The following documents form part of this Application:
- Application for Tenancy
- Terms of Application
- Each Applicant’s, Applicant Details Sheet
- Any other annexure and/or special conditions as provided by the Landlord’s Agent.
5.2 Each Applicant must read and initial every page as acceptance of the information provided.
5.3 For the purpose of service of notice, service on any one Applicant shall be deemed to be served on all Applicants.